Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Seasons of Love

Email Dated January 31. 2011
Hello!

Hope you all are doing well.
I'm so glad you were able to go to Utah, Mom!
And congrats to everyone who has had a baby! That is wonderful.

A few things:
1. If you take the last two digits of the year you were born, and add it to how old you will be turning this year, it will always add up to 111, for everyone!!! Crazy.
2.I think, Kate, you should grow up and go be the accountant for Habitat for Humanity.
3. Is "incentivize" a really word?
4. I'm getting a haircut today, wish me luck!

 To tell you the truth, I really miss real music. I really want to listen to Strawberry Swing. haha But it's ok, just listen to it for me please. And maybe watch the music video too, it's so wonderful.

This week was good! Sister Ward and I both got a little cold, but we got over it. We attempted to start a really cool thing for the ward. You know how at home around Halloween people will drop off treats and that sheet of paper that has a ghost on it and it says to hang up the paper in your window and then go give treats to someone else and then it just keeps going and going? Well, we started that for Valentines Day! We called it "Gloucester Ward: Seasons of Love!" And for anyone who knows, Seasons of Love is a song by Shiny Toy Guns (I think...) and I love it so much! And so that is what we called it. And we made brownies and dropped them off at 5 members homes that we thought would actually keep it going. We tried to be secret, but I think every one of them knows it was us, but we are doing an ok job faking that we have no idea what they are talking about. :) Hopefully, they will do it and a lot of people will get treats and feel some love. We were hoping it could increase the morale of the ward. I hope they do it.

Also, our house has a bug problem. WELL, really cockroaches and spiders. And these spiders are BIG. And the cockroaches are gross. Luckily, they don't come upstairs. Sister Ward and I decided that is the only reason we are still ok with living there, that we don't have to worry about sleeping/ showering with them. Thank goodness.
But last night we came home and flipped on the light and there was a HUGE spider running across the MIDDLE of the floor!! It was so disgusting. We sprayed it. With this stuff, I don't know what it was ... but we think it's dead now.

Oh yeah!! On Saturday night we went to a fireside called the 10 Virgins. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so good. Some lady, somewhere... I don't know who she is, but she researched the parable and assigned each virgin a good quality that we need to have to be prepared and then she wrote a little story and music to the whole thing! It was amazing! If you are smart, you will look for the music and book somewhere and listen to it. Becuase it was just so beautiful. And the Spirit was so strong.
So it had a little town and in the town, the shopkeeper made a lamp for each person, and he made it unique and individual for each different person, according to their differences. And He would sell them oil and so it was like we are the lamps and the shopkeeper is our Heavenly Father and we need to do things that give us more oil, read pray, go to the temple service all of this stuff. It was so good.

Out of time! Love you lots! I'll mail a list home mom, sorry.

Ok Bye!
Love Sister Rachel Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment