Friday, October 29, 2010

Open your eyes.

Last week, I was in Utah. And it was great!
I loved:
-that michelle was unexpectedly able to pick me up from the airport 
-staying up WAY too late talking and laughing (a lot!) with some great girls
-going to 7/11. twice
-wearing sweaters!!
-looking at the art in the hfac
-sitting on campus and not having to worry about classes or homework
-the leaves turning colors and falling on the sidewalks and roads
-sitting on the grass for hours with hannah and rubie, just talking and enjoying the weather
-getting a little sunburned from sitting outside
-making new friends
-having a best friend who loves to bake and making really good cupcakes with her
-DANCE PARTY
-bike rides (sorry for the cough, missy)
-laughing with michelle
-beef ragout..... without the beef
-visiting dr. s and getting some delicious apples from his garden
-going to the Provo temple with michelle and jenny
-looking at the moon
-taking pictures
-watching silverado... most of it. i still need to watch the rest of it!
-going to the JONSI concert! and being so happy i couldn't even cry
-making t-shrits for jonsi instead of buying them because they were 35 dollars!
-staying up way too late again talking and listening to jonsi for like four hours
-having a jonsi song stuck in my head constantly for at least the next 24 hours 
-laughing
-going to church but being so tired it was hard to concentrate
-(sort of) repeatedly telling everyone the same answers to the same questions about my mission
-bran muffins
-homegrown tomatoes
-going to my grandma's to help her out while my aunt was in the hospital
-being with my dear aunts and cousins and grandma for four days in marion
-the SNOW!!
-spending time with grandma before my mission
-helping them get ready for my aunt to come home from the hospital
-vanilla bean ice cream and sleepytime tea
-serving my grandma


it was a great trip. so great. thanks everyone. and here are some pictures for you viewing pleasure:

                                                                                                      by the way, i made that apron...


That should do it for now. The pictures of the concert need a post of their own. Sorry it's taking me so long, Rubie!

3 comments:

  1. told you so, i love those pictures. i predicted correctly, i always love your marion fotos. so there.

    annnd. i think i will wear all black more, i look like not a human at all, but a dancer.
    hahah.

    THUMB WARS AND COWBOYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rachel, can you e-mail your Marion photos to me? They are so good and touched my heart in many ways. If you can I would really appreciate it. Love....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want ALL the pictures you took pertaining to us. I don't know how that's going to happen, but that's just what I want :)

    ReplyDelete