Thursday, August 12, 2010

I hope I get used to 'Sister Barney'...


Hello World!


It came yesterday! And what a joyous occasion it was. Thank you so much for everyone who came and called and got excited with me! I love you all. 


I'm going to the Virginia Richmond Mission leaving November 10th.


As many of you know, I looooooove the East. And though I have never been to Richmond specifically. Or any area in my mission for that matter, I am sure I am still going to love love love it!! Williamsburg is in my mission!!! Holy cow. Oh man. I'll get to VA around the first week of December. Just in time for Christmas decorations!!!! I know. It sounds like I'm going on vacation. But I really am going to be serious missionary.

The only problem I have seen so far is that my little booklet thing that came with my call said 'No jeans.' . . . . . . . . What the heck am I supposed to wear?? It says I need full length pants. What else is there? Other than dress pants..... khaki... I was getting frantic! But, then my mom came to the rescue and reminded me that corduroy exists!! Thank you, Mom!! I want a pair in dark brown, I think.

Anyway, here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:

I was kind of hyperventilating.
   
 Thanks for coming everyone!! And thanks for making cookies Shell! Everyone obviously enjoyed them.
ahhhh.....the lovely Huber sisters.

soooooooo excited! and attractive.....

talking to Tucker on the phone!!

dinner with the fam and missy! at jdawgs!! i love those hotdogs! and i love my family! and missy!


thanks for the pretty sunset, Utah!

we ended the night going to my cousin's son's wedding reception (which was so great and i got to see more great family!!! And then we drove up to my Grandma's in Marion to watch the meteor shower (which was great!) and sleep under the stars. When we arrived, the thermometer read 55 degrees outside, so Missy and I were a little worried about being warm enough. So, we pulled some hats, scarves, and sweaters off the hooks for protection from the cold. Then we realized we looked like old men.


I had a very warm, good night's sleep. outside, all night. under the meteor shower. on my Grandma's front lawn, with my dear friend, Missy.

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU rachel!!! you will be an amazing missionary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rachel! I am very excited for you and your adventures to come! I love that picture of you and missy =)

    ReplyDelete