Saturday, May 15, 2010

The hills are alive...

I LOVE the Sound of Music. So much. And after this week, I think everyone who knows me, even just a little, knows how much I love it. You've just got to love Julie Andrews. I mean, who couldn't? She is a genius. Super beautiful. Her voice and acting are amazing. She is a legitimately good person off the screen. And has inspired me so much. And I am going to write her a letter to tell you how much I love her. Not in a creepy way, of course.
And I love Rodgers and Hammerstein. Have you heard Edelweiss? Oh man. I have always loved that song so much. It just touches my heart. But I always felt bad for liking it because, surprise, I'm not Austrian and I thought it was an old Austrian folk-song or something. And I thought I wasn't allowed to like it as much as I did. But, while I was watching the special features... I found out that it is a Rodgers and Hammerstein original!! I can now be a STRONG and loyal fan. And believe me. I am more than happy to be. I love that song. Oh man.

Ok. Enough of that.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last couple of days. And I have loved every minute of it.

Here is a picture of what it looked like on my way up to school yesterday. I love those clouds!

Luckily, I was required to take a few trips to the Bean Museum for work this last week, so I didn't have to stay cooped up in my little haunted fish lab in the basement. And today, Michelle and I got up early and when out to see Dr. S and learn how to water his garden. Then Michelle, Missy, Tyler, Eve and I went to the Farmer's Market! (big fan.) And then we made delicious bagel sandwiches, went to D.I. where I got these beauties:


Funny story about the D.I. In the "antique" area in the front, next to the big poster of Edward the Vampire, was a piano they were trying to sell for $350 or something. I opened it up and plunked on some of the keys to try it out. And Michelle said I should play The Entertainer for everyone. I'm pretty sure she was kidding. I played it. That is the ONLY song I can remember from my piano lessons days. It wasn't perfect, but recognizable I'm sure. I hope everyone in D.I. appreciated the rarity of that little concert.


And then we got ready for the ward social which was a total success, in my opinion. And I got to dress up like a Native American. Which is always enjoyable.

It's been a great day! And I'm so happy about it!

And I am SO excited about tomorrow! And I hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

  1. a. it's creepy
    b. but it's okay...cause i'm doing it too.
    c. that looks like austria a little...maybe...eh?
    d. hahahhahahha
    e. and i'm SUNBURNED. winnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not kidding. i was in earnest. why else would I request the only song I ever remember you playing? over...and over...and over...

    and. i love julie andrews beaucoup. we should join in a sound of music watching party so we can love it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Andrews is the bomb. I think it's a requirement to love her in order to be considered a good person :)

    and way to go for giving a concerto at my favorite of stores. AAAND those shoes are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel! I love the Sound of Music too!!! I wish you could meet my Mom. She IS Julie Andrews. Have you ever seen this clip? It just about makes me cry...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6b9bMBXpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I love The Sound of Music too and I'm pretty sure in this family there are A LOT of us who do! Grandpa & Grandma took all of us/their family to see it in Salt Lake when it first came out--we all cried--some more than others. Thanks for the picture too--how can the clouds look beautiful and powerful at the same time...I think they do. Love, Aunt Irene
    PS Next time you go to the Bean ask for Sarah Childs, she works there most days this summer.
    Love more.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup!!!! Here's another "love Julie Andrews" fan!!! That was the ONLY musical Grandpa Andrus EVER liked!! And he liked it enough to take us to Salt Lake TWICE to see it!! And pay $2 a ticket for each of us at the opulent (at least we thought it was! but compared to the Kamas "show house" anything would seem opulent, right??)Utah Theater--(it's gone now).......still love Julie Andrews though.......so glad to hear her sing again in "Princess Diaries II".

    ReplyDelete