Saturday, May 22, 2010

Alice.


I watched it. Last night. With the best kind of people: friends and family! Michelle, Kate, Hannah and Eve. (sorry to those who couldn't make it!)

I LOVED this movie. So much more than I thought I would. I Never thought I would like it this much. In fact, when I first heard about it being made, I didn't want to watch it when it came out. I do not like the Disney cartoon version. And I used to not like the book. (Actually I had never read the first book, but when I was younger my sisters and I would listen to Through the Looking Glass at night to fall asleep to and I hated it because it was scary. Mostly just the voice of the stupid gnat!! It was scary.)

But, fortunately, my dear cousins gave me a complete collection of Lewis Carrol's works for Christmas in a beautifully bound book and I decided I might as well read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and get it over with. But it was really great! I really enjoyed reading it. And the movie was so great as well. Tim Burton did such a great job with it. The design of everything was perfect. And I loved mostly all of Alice's dresses. And Johnny Depp! Wow. Everything was great. I haven't liked a movie that much- in this way- in a really long time. I just want to watch it again and again.

In fact, I'm going on Monday if anyone wants to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment