Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A sampling...

Well, since I've been home, I showed my family some of the stuff I've done this last semester and I was looking at all of the pictures I have of my work... there aren't a lot of them...I need to take more pictures of all of my stuff. But I decided to give you a little taste of what I've done during my first year in the art program. It has been an absolute experience! And I really have loved it. I have learned and grown so much and I'm so grateful that I have this chance! Here are some projects from my drawing and 2-D Design class from Fall '09.

charcoal still life.


pencil still life. those are tomatoes...but they don't look like it. focus on the boot.


'contemporary.' essentially a blind contour drawing of a bush. I love blind contour. pencil and pen.


this was my final project for drawing. a charcoal and pen triptych. telephone poles and fabric along the bottom.

charcoal still life in class.


2-D. each square was a different 'theme' that our teacher would give us. paper, ink, watercolor, national geographic.


negative space drawings. sharpie.


this was our 'chaos' piece. square of zoo books, black paint, sandpaper, silver spray paint.


repetition piece. craft paint.


watercolor. I did two more of this image, one in red-ish/orange and one in green.


8 comments:

  1. oh-la-la! rach. i just love these. i'm waiting for my breath-taking watercolor. you know the one. we've discussed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am still, and always will be, in love with chaos.
    also, i totally contributed to the last...
    sorry. :)
    you're great ratch. i forgot about all these cool things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, haha, that was me. but i'm sure ash loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stuff Rachel! Coming from someone who doesn't have a creative bone in her body...I hope it still counts as a huge compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!! :) look at you and your art! The basket looks stellar online. And you know the telephone poles are my faves. Communication!

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Rachel!!!! Post all you have!!!
    Love it!
    A. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm envious of your talent! These are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful it hurts my heart. Thank you for sharing your gift :)

    ReplyDelete