Monday, April 26, 2010

I Can Feel the Sun.

I've been looking forward to summer and no school for so long now, it's hard to really believe that it's here. But it is! I finished (barely) my finals and projects, said goodbye to a few dear friends, passed (hopefully) me cleaning checks, moved apartments- just next door. but still. And now I'm in good old Arizona.

I keep trying to think of the homework assignments and projects that I need to be doing and what tests are coming up, but there aren't any! I'm DONE!! It is truly a great feeling. I am so looking forward to what this summer is going to bring. I am ready for all of the fun and hard work and playing that is going to take place. Speaking of, I want to try and get a part time job at a flower shop so that I don't have to work 40 hours a week in the fish lab. No offense to Dr. S. Or the fish. I also need a bike. At this point, I don't really care what kind of bike it is or what it looks like. I just need one.

So now I'm home with me dear family. I love them so much. And it was so beautiful today! The sun was out and it was just sunny enough. I loved it. I got to play a lot with my beautiful niece and nephew and play games with my siblings. and take a nap.



When I checked my email earlier, I watched this video that I got from one of my aunts. It's one of the earliest 35mm films ever. Filmed in 1906, in San Fransisco right before the earthquake. I know it's long but I watched the whole thing. Twice. And I would suggest muting the music that is on the video and playing Sigur Ros instead while viewing. It probably doesn't matter much which song you listen to but I think I was listening to Hoppipolla at the time (the one from Heima). I thought this video was a really cool window into the past. A place where things moved more slowly. People took their time but still got the important things done. No cell phones, internet, microwaves, televisions, etc. and therefore, no dependency on those objects. I felt refreshed after watching this video and that's why I wanted to share it with you. It filled me with more energy and determination. It got me thinking that I don't want to waste a minute. I'm still going to take my time with things I enjoy, because I think that is important, but I'm going to try and get rid of the things (like dependency on inanimate objects) that are a waste of time and are not helping me progress. And I'm going to see where it leads me.
So please enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. that fish picture is awesome. This summer is going to be wonderful, I miss you like the sun misses the flower. ;)

    I hope Arizona is wonderful. I love this video, and you.

    ReplyDelete