Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Squirrel Chili

Email dated February 28. 2011

Happy Monday everybody! And Happy March tomorrow! My half birthday is in 12 days! Woo hoo!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm doing great! I would love to hear from more of you.....

My new companion, S Hartley is wonderful. And they were right, she is from Canada! Cardston, which is in the Calgary Mission, Kate... So. That's cool.
She's really fun. Like everyone said, too. She's been out for 5 months, so one transfer ahead of me. haha We're doing good. It's weird that I have to make all of the decisions because she doesn't know anyone yet. But I'm doing an okay job at that. I'm trying to make inspired decisions. It's hard. It's hard to come up with things to do at night. Because no one answers their door after dark unless they are expecting you and so when we don't have any appointments, I just don't really know what to do... So, we've been having a good time figuring things out. But.
She went to BYU-ID for two years and she's math education. And she likes the same kind of music as me!!!!!!! It's wonderful. She loves Arcade Fire! :) And so do I. Man, it was so good to discover that. And she likes reading. And she has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. And she's just really fun and I love her. And she's really excited to be here in Gloucester, which is a really good thing! I am really happy about that. I was feeling a little nervous about having to introduce her to Gloucester, but she loves it! So, that's good.

Yesterday was Ward Conference! I love Ward Conference! And Donna and Rob came! But the Stewards did not... I don't know why. That was unfortunate. But it was so good. Those stake leaders do a great job. I'm really excited about the future. Heavenly Father knows our situation here in Gloucester. And He is trying to help us. We just need to help ourselves, too.
And afterward, we had a linger longer chili lunch and that was so good. AND, yes, I ate SQUIRREL. Gross, huh? It was gross. Actually, I couldn't really tell a difference, but it was just gross thinking about it. And I almost couldn't do it, because I was looking at it in my bowl and Rob leaned over and said, Oh look, there's it's little paw, and then I thought about Flip or whatever his name is in Enchanted (the squirrel) and I almost got sick. hahaha Rob. Such a joker. But it was exciting. I don't think I will eat it again, if I can manage.  (also, I hope you all said/read 'squirrel' like Veruca Salt.)

The church is true. And we have to be actively involved for it to be of any benefit to our salvation. Be a good home/visiting teacher, please. Just do it. Even if it's scary or you don't want to.

Hope you're all doing well.

The first day of Spring is in one month! Today is really beautiful. The wind is blowing and it's warm and the sun is shining. We are going to have a picnic. And get Jones soda from Walmart. :) PS. if anyone is still drinking those at home, or Michelle, please be saving your caps for me. I REALLY need them. When I get back. And send me your fortunes if you want. :)

I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support. I couldn't do it without you!

Love Sister R Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment