Friday, September 10, 2010

A few things.

 1. I broke an apple in half with MY BARE HANDS!!!




2. Once again. I just love Julie Andrews. And not only do I want to be like Maria, I also want to be like Mary Poppins. She is so great. And magical. And I love her outfits.

But really. Practically perfect in every way. And so clever. And she doesn't put up with any nonsense. And I love flying kites.

3.This is my sister, Julia. She is great.
She is 22 years old and very funny. I love her a lot and I'm thankful for the help she gives me. And she dresses really well. She, too, is going on a mission. And should get her call in a couple of weeks! Hopefully we'll be leaving around the same time. Se we can have Thanksgiving dinner together in the MTC!
She's just wonderful.

4. I definitely survived my trip last week. It was really fun! We went to Maryland for a few days and visited my dear Aunt Ilene and Uncle Doug. (thanks for everything!!!) We went into Ellicott City, MD one day and D.C. another day.


5. Farmer's Markets are great. I love them. And I especially LOVE going to a Farmer's Market in our nation's capital, right next to the Department of Agriculture on a Friday morning!




6. I love Pennsylvania! It's beautiful. I could live there I'm pretty sure. Brandon's family was very nice and hospitable and we did a lot of fun stuff! We went to Knoebel's Amusement Park (so Awesome.) (and you pronounce the 'K'. It isn't silent like you would think it would be.) Brandon's aunt lives on a hill with a creek behind her house and his grandma's house is very decorated with cats, flowers and figurines.






DOUBLE RAINBOW! the second one is on the left...it was brighter in real life. believe me.









7. I have two of the most adorable nieces ever. One of them is turning three in November. And Julia and I are going to miss her birthday and celebration. So, we decided to give her her present early so we could enjoy seeing her wear it. Here you go! She is so cute.

8. I did some painting this summer.
for tyler
Erica's belated Christmas present. for the nephew
Erica's birthday present. for the niece

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh rachie. that is all very great. and now i want to watch that. and all your photos are supa beautiful.
    aaaand you are 21 in less than 24 owwwweeeerrrrrrs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I LOVE your pictures...your prose is great too (I can hear your voice as I read it), but the pictures you choose to share....THANKS!
    Aunt Irene

    ReplyDelete