Sunday, February 17, 2013

Arrrrrrrrt.

Well I have told many of you that I would put up pictures of my work and projects that I've been working on. Right now, I only have pictures of my projects from my sculpture and ceramics classes last semester. I LOVED those classes! I learned so many new things in my sculpture class! And it was so good to be working with clay again. 

I love that stuff.

This semester I'm in two classes: painting and figure drawing. I will share picture from those classes soon enough.

I'm also taking a Spanish class! Hopefully that class won't get the better of me. But I am excited about learning the language. I really want to.

Anyway. Back to art:


So here is my bronze piece. This is after I cast it and before I put the patina on it (in the second picture).
It's okay if you can't tell what it is. I'll just tell you. It's a little boat in the middle of the ocean about to go up a big wave. And we don't know if it's going to make it or not.
It feels really good to hold in my cupped hands.




This is my stone! I carved this just like Michelangelo and his David! It's alabaster. I chiseled and chiseled for hours! And then I sanded and sanded for hours. It's about a foot tall. Maybe a little bit more than a foot. It's SO smooth! I just wish that you could run your hands over it. So nice.


 And my steel. This is my nerd-project. The parameters for the assignment was that we had to weld something together and we had to forge something (just like goblin blacksmiths in Lord of the Rings). I was taking the long awaited and much more dreaded Physical Science class that is basically required. It was rough. But I did enjoy learning about the characteristics of light and it's wave/particle duality. Hence, my steel project! 

Okay. These are the different light spectra of different gases. The colors go from purple on the left to red on the right. Each row is a different gas. The top four gases that make up the air that we breathe in and out everyday of our lives, nitrogen, oxygen, argon and carbon. 
I was really excited about this project because it has a lot of my favorite things in it: life, breathing, color. The elements.  

I don't have pictures of all of my ceramics projects yet. But this is my final project. It's hanging on the wall. I got the frame from the DI. It used to hold a Del Taco advertisement. The plan is to get a nicely carved old wood frame to go around it. Someday. It's about twenty inches long.

So there you go, folks. 

2 comments: