Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Safe Travels

Hello!

Thanks for all of the news! I love reading your updates! I am so happy to hear about Julia's little trip to the temple and all of the reunions! How fun. Wish I could have been there.

Biggest news from me today, I'm moving to Glouschester! I think that's how you spell it... I don't know my address yet. I'll get there on Thursday. My new companion will be Sister Ward-- please pray for her. haha
I won't lie and say I'm not sad. I don't want to leave the people here in Manchester. But I know that Heavenly Father needs me there and that it will be really good. I know it will be.
I'm just really sad I won't be here for Robbie's or Jeanie's baptisms. Or Adam's. Oh well I guess. More people to meet and experiences to have down there.
It's in the Newport News area. And I was told it was by the beach... but S Dickson thought it was country. So we'll see.

Speaking of Robbie, we taught him on Thursday and set him for baptism for  February 12th. It was easy peasy. haha But really, he is so excited to get baptized and to do this for himself and his family! I just love them so much! We had dinner and a lesson with them again yesterday (on Sunday). It was their little family, her sister and her family and their mom. It was a party haha. Four little kids running around and playing.

Adam is doing well too. We've been texting (--Yes. TEXTING! Crazy huh? yeah. I know. haha) him little scriptures during the week to read and help him with strengthening his faith, but he wasn't even really sure if there was a God. He's been praying for a couple of weeks but hasn't been sure he's felt anything. Anyway, on Wednesday or Thursday I texted him a scripture about faith, and I wasn't really sure which one to send, but I was just flipping through my BofM and stopped on 1Ne 2: 19-20 and I told him to insert his name for Nephi's and that was it. And then at church on Sunday, he came up to me and asked if I was the one who sent the scripture and I said yes, well both of us sent it... (because we've been worried that he might like one of us...and i didn't want him getting any ideas...) and then he asked what made me send that one, at that time. And I said we were just making some calls and sending some messages and we just thought we could send you a little scripture. And then he said, it was pretty crazy because he had JUST said a prayer right before we texted him and that scripture was an answer to his prayer!!!! Can you believe it? I was SO happy!
Yeah. So he's making progress! :)

It snowed on Friday, and is supposed to again on Tuesday.

We met an atheist. He was really nice! His name is Rob and we -- well, Sister Dickson is going to teach him on Thursday with her new companion. Hopefully he can open his mind and heart to receive the spirit and the truth.

I love you all very much! Have a great week! Thanks for all of the support and thought and prayers and letters. They help A LOT.

love,
Sister Rachel Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment