Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December 20. 2010

I hope all are doing well. Christmas is this week! Hooray! I hope you're all excited!
 
This week was good. Kind of weird because we couldn't go outside on Thursday because it snowed and stuck! There is still ice/snow in out parking lot and on some of the roads out in the boondocks. We had to cancel all of our appointments, which is really sad because we were going to have a first lesson with a man named Lewis, who we tracted into the first day I was here! But, we'll get him.  
 
Jeanie is wonderful. We were able to teach her more about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, Endure to the end) on Sat and at the very end of the lesson, Diego came home, se we talked with him for a bit. He LOVES S. Dickson because she can speak Spanish. haha I think he'll come around eventually. He was just a little scared off when he got anti-ed with a bunch of temple stuff. BUT!! We found out that S. Dickson and Diego are both Leos AND then we found out that Jeanie and I have the SAME birthdays!!! Crazy huh?? They were really impressed, astounded by that. haha I think they took it as a sign or something. haha Whatever works! Just kidding... the Spirit is the only way to conversion.
But I just love Jeanie. She is probably my fav right now. And we are going over there on Christmas!! Which will be great!
 
S. Dickson and I are volunteering at the Nativity at the ZOO this week! Some of the members of our ward own the zoo here and every year they put on a nativity with real people AND animals!! haha it's going to be awesome! I just pray it doesn't snow all day before. It can snow half way through the performance-- that would probably be pretty magical. :)
 
We were at a members home last night for dinner (the Doyle's) and they had the Christmas radio on and Bruce came on!! It was a tender mercy. I love him.
 
Happy Christmas to all! I love you and thank you for everything! Have a supa great week and holidays!!
Love Sister Rachel Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment