Saturday, November 27, 2010

Week Two

Thanks family!
 
You da best. And thanks mom for that update on Korea. It sounded very informed!! Good job!
 
Today was good. The provo temple closed today at 12 and our assigned time to go is at 1. So we were very sad that it looked like we weren't going to be able to make it because this was our last time and the DC temple isn't in our district. So, we just went around 1130 and did initiatory. It was SO wonderful. I love love love the temple. So many wonderful blessings.
 
Elder Malm of the 70 spoke at the devotional last night! Yes, the one who was mission pres in Norway! he told a story about some elders taht were there in Bergen and how they passed by an 'atheist rally' and were just going to leave but then the spirit told them they had to go back, so they did and walked up on stage and each bore a strong testimony, being led by the spirit and how that dispersed the crowd. it was really amazing. Did that sound familiar Erica? It was a really cool story. Just another way to show that with the Lord's help, anything is possible. We just need to do our part.
 
Also, funny story: yesterday at dinner, I was waiting and waiting for Julia to come in because I hadn't seen her all day, and when she finally came in, it was closer to when my elders left and the new shift of missionaries came in to eat. Well, Julia and her comp sat down by my sisters and me to eat their dinner and talk to me. Then some other elders I've never seen/talked to before sat down at the other end of our table. One of them, sitting a few chairs down, says to me, "You have beautiful hair!" haha I laughed and said thank you.... then he said he's noticed it from a distance and just had to tell me. my sisters were all laughing really hard and telling the elder he was crossing the elder-sister line and being to forward. hahahah it was SO funny.
 
also, Julia and I saw Brad Dellrie at the fireside on Sunday, so mom if you want to text Janet and tell her that. He is doing great! Just waiting for his visa to come! \
 
I got a package slip tonight after dinner and thought it would be the package from the fam that dad mentioned, so we ran to the mail office and picked it up and it was from Aunt Ilene and Uncle Doug!!! They sent me some chips and salsa!!!! Bless them! They must have been really in tune with the Spirit becuase I just wrote in a letter today how much I missed mexican food! And Sister Nerdin and I just today! talked about how we are going to make salsa in the field if we ever live together again! it was heaven sent!! Thank you thank you!!!
 
I am definitely going to enjoy it tonight!
 
Sorry this is short. The internet was down half of today and just started working again twenty minutes ago, but it will close me down in 4 minutes because taht is when my p-day ends. So, I'm going to go. I love you all!!
Thanks for the support and prayers!
 
Have a wonderful day!!
Love Sister Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment