Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I went on vacation.

Hello! I've been out of the loop, technology-wise for about two weeks because I have been on VACATION. I love trips. And I was so lucky to have been able to go visit my dear aunt and uncle in Maryland and spend a few days in our Nation's capital.

I. Love. The. East. Coast.
the trees, the hills, the rivers, the fireflies, raccoons, d.c. and all of the history and culture and beautiful things there, i don't even mind the humidity. I love everything.

I lived there last summer and it was always an adventure and I loved every minute of it. This year I went with Michelle, Julia and Kate for a week and it was so good to be back.
We saw so much and I was able to visit all of my favorite things from last year....more details to come.

this picture is actually from last year because I haven't had time to put my pictures from this trip on a computer yet. But I just love the Lincoln Memorial.


Thankfully, Michelle and I had to go through AZ to and from so we were able to spend some time with my dear family. And welcome our new niece into the family. Ammon and Kathy named her Lillian Janeen and she is so beautiful. I can't wait to go home again so I can hold her! (I wasn't able to when I was home because she was in NICU)
I was also able to participate in my family's "Country Night." Every other week, they pick a different country and make food and learn about the country. We went to Laos when I was home and it was so good. and fun. I'm sad I missed out on the previous ones: Hungry, Australia and Morroco.

Now I'm back in UT and I'm just trying to work as much as I can and get my papers in! (I went to the doctor today and got TWO shots. and I'm going to the dentist tomorrow) I'm moving home in less than a month! Which is so weird. But good.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    THANKS for calling [so long ago.]
    I haven't forgotten about you.
    You know though: summer is busy, too busy even.
    I am so excited about your mission call happening....
    Sad you will be gone.
    [Will you visit before you leave?]
    I promise to call you.
    And soon.

    love always,
    b

    ReplyDelete