Saturday, July 24, 2010

I went on vacation: Day 2

Sorry it is taking me so long to put my trip up.... But life is crazy!! And great.

Anyway, Harper's Ferry, WV! I just love this little town. It is probably one of my favorite places on earth. If you don't know the history behind this place, look up John Brown on Wikipedia. The weather was absolutely beautiful this day. We woke up to rain and almost canceled the whole day- Thank goodness we didn't- because it cleared up when we arrived and was so pretty all day. I love the mountains, trees, the rivers (Shenandoah and Potomac meeting and merging to continue as the Potomac), the old buildings, the train station. Everything.











My sisters would be great models, huh? Me on the other hand... I think about it too much. I would never make it work.















We ate lunch in Sheperdstown, WV. The oldest town in West Virginia! We ate in a little restaurant that had tea and wraps, paninis and salads and hummus! So good!! And I really liked how they decorated.




This is at Antietam. Look that one up, too. It's important. And I thought this cloud looked like a mushroom cloud.

I think this is called Burnside Bridge. It is so beautiful. It is really hard to imagine the battle that took place here. We got there at the perfect time to watch the sun go down through the trees.





the end.


1 comment:

  1. wwwwwonderful. please don't leave me. i lovelovelove looooooove the photo with the steps, and the last one on the street at night. :) you win.

    ReplyDelete