Monday, June 28, 2010

What I've been thinking about lately.

Hello out there. How are you? It's been a little while. Recently, I have been very busy. Doing what, you ask? Well, working, playing, babysitting five children, visiting home, getting the flu from my dear family (thanks a lot) and working on my mission papers...

------------WHAT??!---


Yes. You read correctly. I'm going on a mission. And I'm almost done with my papers! Most of the time I can't believe I'm really going. But I'm so grateful for the wonderful opportunity to go out somewhere and show my Heavenly Father and the world how much I love this gospel. And hopefully help to bring some more people to the truth.

Some details: The plan is to leave around November. And some recent developments that I am SUPER excited about, I don't have to get my wisdom teeth out!! Yep. I went home to go to my orthodontist and he said I could keep them. Bless that man. I am so relieved. You have no idea how anxioius and scared I was about that little procedure.

Anyway, I will definitely keep you updated on the mission news. And if you ask, I have no idea where I think I'm going to go. But if I could choose, it would be Hawaii or Ireland. But, if Tucker and Michelle are right, I'll be going stateside, probably to a visitor's center... ha.

Also, I had a dream last night that I was in Star Wars. I had to fight Darth Vader with a light saber, while I was on one of those speeder bikes that the storm troopers ride in the sixth episode with the Ewoks. I was trying to save my friends, Luke, and Leia, and Han from being killed by Vader. I won.
Of course.

5 comments:

  1. bomb. (about the mission AND dream.)
    p.s. let's be awake at the same time some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell Brigham about that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word!!!!!!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you!! :D PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RACHEL!!! i am so excited for you!! a mission! i want to serve one too but can't go until may... :( i miss you and am so glad that you are HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you to get your call! And that's great that you don't have to get your wisdom teeth out. It's funny though...mine really bother me and I've been asking my mom to take them out for like the last year. I'm hoping it will happen in August. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete